Announcement from The Church Council
- For offering and/or tithing, the finance department has set up an online giving system via Etransfer. Please be sure to include the offering number (if applicable) and category (Tithe, Thanksgiving, Faith, Theology Education, Mission, Flower, Building Maintenance, Others) in the “message” field, then email the E-transfer to email@example.com. Alternatively, church members may continue to mail their cheques with the offering number and category, and then send them directly to the church address listed below.
English Congregation Announcement
- Edmonton’s mandatory mask law for indoor public space (Bylaw #19408) goes into effect Saturday, August 1st, 2020. For the safety and protection of our community, all persons must wear a face-mask or face-covering when entering and remaining within our church facility.
- Places of worship are included in the bylaw as they are enclosed buildings that members of the public have access to. Those attending places of worship are permitted to temporarily remove their face covering for eating or drinking, such as to receive communion. With regard to the stage areas in places of worship, if this space is only accessible to those leading worship or preaching and you have implemented physical barriers or distancing practices between every person that will not be wearing a face covering and any other person, face coverings may be removed in this area. However, if these physical controls are not in place face-coverings will be required.
- The Annual Highway Cleanup is scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 19th, 2020 (weather permitting), from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Sign up can be done with Rev. Nie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Bible Study every Thursday night at 7:30 p.m.
- FoodBank will continue to need volunteers at this time of physically-distancing. Pastor Lum can help you set up a time with FoodBank if you want to form a group to go help out. Note, a volunteering group is limited to no more than 6 people at a time.
- We have changed the format of our Prayer meeting. We are incorporating the Breakout function in Zoom which enables us to form multiple smaller prayer groups. Please come join us every Wednesday at 7:00 pm MDT.
– Prayer Room: 948-974-2989 ; Password: 282762
Here are some quick instructions:
Step 1: Sign up and Download Zoom at https://zoom.us/
Step 2: Log in to the Zoom using your credentials
Step 3: Join the meeting using meeting code and password