Full-Time English Congregational Pastor
We are looking for a Full-Time English Congregational Pastor who will take on the leadership role in providing pastoral direction, teaching, and other church ministries in keeping with our mission: “To share God’s love and help you fulfill Christ’s purpose for your lives.”
More About Edmonton Chinese Baptist Church: shorturl.at/mnJ34
The English Congregation consists of 35-40 people, mostly youth and young adults, including junior high, high school, post-secondary students, and young professionals.
Our weekly ministry activities include worship services, bible studies (Sunday School), fellowships, small groups, prayer meetings, outreach, and congregational retreats. In addition, we’ve expanded to reach more people within digital communities, such as: live-streaming worship services on YouTube, social engagement on Discord, and Facebook.
We support our sister congregations and welcome anyone from all walks of life to join our congregation to grow and to bond in the Spirit of God.
Duties and Responsibilities
You are a pastor who has demonstrated qualities and can:
- Deliver sermons during Sunday Services. Preach and teach God’s Word with sound doctrine, clarity, and relevance to the congregation.
- Equip leaders and members of the congregation with a strong desire to develop as believers through disciple-making and evangelism.
- Building up the spiritual lives of believers through teaching in Sunday School, Fellowship, and Small Groups, as well as meaningful mentorship.
- Provide counselling and be able to understand the impact of current issues, needs, and challenges of the members of the congregation.
- Respond to the spiritual needs of the members and that outside of the church by caring and connecting.
- Help review, develop, and implement a fitting ministry for English Congregation that aligns with the overall vision of ECBC.
- Act as a liaison between the English Congregation and other congregations to foster cooperation and overall church unity.
- Serve as a member of the pastoral team—a team player who collaborates with staff and congregants to achieve the church mission.
- Participate in internal committees as needed.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Skills and Qualifications
You are a follower of Jesus who:
- Has a Bachelor of Theology degree, or equivalent. Master of Divinity is a plus.
- Ideally has 1-2 years of experience as a leader in formal ministry (internship experience can be included).
- Has experience in both adult and youth ministry.
- Has a strong desire to develop believers through disciple-making.
- Has great written and verbal communication skills.
- Is willing to spend time to understand the needs of the congregation.
- An understanding of social media communication tools to connect with the congregation is an asset.
- Being Ordained* is an asset, the candidate should be willing to work towards ordination*.
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment is an asset.
*Administering the ordinances of the Church – Baptism, Communion/Lord’s Supper, couples counselling, weddings, funeral services
- Must align with the core beliefs of ECBC (can be found here shorturl.at/mnJ34)
- Able to work with community groups outside of the church within the neighbourhood.
- Willing to engage with online communities by sharing sermons and ministry-related teachings through digital media in the form of audio recordings (podcasts), video recordings, and live-streaming.
- Spiritually mature and humble.
- A patient and honest communicator
- Brave. Not afraid to initiate ministry ideas and coordinate planning
- Be an inspiration. A bright, fun-loving person of integrity, with a good sense of humour.
- Fun and Loving. An interest in recreation, music, and snacks/cooking is a definite plus.
Items required for application:
- A cover letter expressing why you are interested and how your experiences have prepared you for ministry at ECBC.
- Your resume.
We will provide salary and benefits commensurate with experience and education in discussion with selected candidates as we move through the hiring process.