- The 57th Canada Chinese Christian Winter Conference is taking place at the Downtown Westin Hotel on December 27-31, 2017. For more information, please visit http://www.cccwc.info/
- Break Forth One [Jan 26-28, 2018]: Full registration for Early Bird is now available, the deadline for registration is November 30th. The individual rate for early bird is $229 per person. More information to come. Check out the official website at http://www.breakforthcanada.com/
- The Edmonton Foodbank is in desperate need of volunteers. If you have been trained and have time to spare, please go to their website and sign up for a shift. www.edmontonsfoodbank.com
Announcement from the Children Ministry:
- The Children Ministry is hosting a Christmas Open House on Saturday, December 16th, 2017. It will be between 4pm to 7pm in the afternoon. Please register with Helena Au, Bernadette Chan or Paster Hanna in advance.
Special Announcement from Church Council:
- ECBC 40th Anniversary Photo Albums are now completed. Those who did pre-order them may pick it up in the foyer after the Cantonese Service. The price is $23.50 per album.
- A copy of the budget is posted on the bulletin board, and one may request an electronic copy with the Finance Department (Danny Chan). The vote of approval will take place at the November Special Membership Meeting (November 26th).
- The Church Council has proposed to accept the suggestion from the Nomination Committee with the following Trustee and Church Council members for 2018:
- Trustee Board – Danny Szeto (term will end December 31st, 2020)
- English Congregation Representative – Ryan Chau
- Mandarin Congregation Representative – Fung Ho
- Finance Committee, Treasurer – Daniel Lee
- Facility Committee Chair – Johnny Fong
- The following Committee Nominees have been approved and appointed by Church Council:
- Mission Committee Paul Leung (term ended Dec. 31, 2020)
- Facilities Committee: Billy Chan (term ended Dec.31, 2020)