- We are in need of ushers for Sunday mornings! Ushers are important to help visitors feel welcomed, as well as receiving offering and facilitating communion. Commitment can range from as little as once/month to every Sunday. Training will be provided. Ushering is a great way to serve others and the church! Sign up right now is for the next 3 months June to August. Currently we have 0/8 spots filled. Please contact Mason if you would like more information or would like to sign up!
- Next Food Bank group volunteering is Sat Aug 11th 9am to 12pm! Please contact Mason if you want more information or if you would like to sign up! www.edmontonsfoodbank.com
- 2 Short-Term Mission opportunities this summer:
- to Rae-Edzo (June 30th to July 10th). For more details, please contact Pastor Lum directly.
- to China (July 26th to August 6th). For more details, please contact Pastor Nie directly. Deadline is May 20th, 2018.
Announcement from Church Council:
- Church Council has set up an ECBC Staff Retirement Committee and will organize the retirement event for our senior Pastor Rev Ng. Members are Bernadette Chan, Ivy Fong, Mandy Hong and Ge Hong Wang. Please continue to pray for the committee.
- Date: is Saturday, June 16th, 2018, 10:30 to 11;30 a.m. followed by lunch at ECBC. Sign up sheet is now in the front foyer area.
- Church Council has accepted the recommendation of the HR Board, to modify the current pastoral employment of Pastor Hanna into a full-time position for the Children Ministry. This proposal will be a voting item in the June 17th Special Membership Meeting, which will take place immediately after the 11:00am worship service.
- Church Council has accepted the recommendation from the Nominations Committee of Joyce Wong and Jackie Lee. We ask everyone’s prayer on these recommendations and the decision will be made via ballot voting at the SMM on June 17, 2018.
- Joyce Wong: as the HR board member with the term July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2021, and 1-year Advisor from July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022.
- Jackie Lee: as the HR board member with the term July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019, and 1-year Advisor from July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020.
Announcement from the Children Ministry:
- Children Ministry will start the 2018 recruitment and interview process for two VBS positions. Please contact Children Pastor Mrs. Ng or VBS recruiter Bernadette Chan for further details or resumes submission.
- Youth Internship Program available for Junior High students.
- Students of Preschool, Kindergarten and Grade 1-6 are welcome to join the “Game On” day camp. There is going to be a basketball camp as well as a special friend camp for children with Autism.